Cairns Airport is Australia's leading regional airport, providing air links to a range of domestic and international locations.
There are two terminals at Cairns Airport:
T1 (Terminal 1 – International terminal)
There are several direct international services from Cairns.
- Air New Zealand – Auckland (seasonal)
- Air Nuigini – Port Moresby, Rabaul
- Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong
- China Eastern – Shanghai (seasonal)
- Jetstar – Tokyo, Osaka, Bali (commences 29 March 2015)
- QantasLink – Port Moresby
- United Airlines – Guam
- SilkAir – Singapore (commences 30 May 2015)
- China Southern and various other airlines operate charter services from Guangzhou and other key Asian cities.
T2 (Terminal 2 – Domestic terminal)
Airnorth, Hinterland, Jetstar, Qantas, QantasLink, Regional Express, Tigerair, Virgin Australia and West Wing all operate scheduled domestic services to and from Cairns, offering direct connections to all mainland state capital cities as well as various regional locations.