Cairns Airport is one of Australia’s leading regional airports, providing air links to a range of domestic and international locations.
It is the gateway to World Heritage Great Barrier Reef and Tropical Rainforests of North Queensland and is just 7 kilometres from the Cairns CBD.
Pre-COVID, over 5 million passengers passed through Cairns Airport each year.
There are direct domestic flights to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Sunshine Coast, Newcastle, Townsville as well as to Alice Springs, Ayers Rock (Uluru) and regional centres across North Queensland.
Cairns Airport has direct quarantine-free international flights from Auckland.
Our customers arrive excited and depart delighted.
Amazing memories for travellers, growth for our communities and returns for our shareholders.
Integrity: We always act responsibly and honestly
Achievement: Through our work we deliver positive, sustainable results
Care: We provide a positive customer experience and look after the safety and security of all airport users
Collaboration: We respect everyone we are in contact with and work together to achieve our goals
Our Commitment to Our Customers
The following initiatives embrace Cairns Airport’s commitment to our customers.
Our Cairns Airport Customer Charter outlines how we provide our customers a seamless and enjoyable airport experience.
To view or download the Cairns Airport Customer Charter, click here.
Airport Customer Experience
Cairns Airport’s Airport Customer Experience (ACE) Program has been designed as a collaborative one team approach, to create and deliver a unique and exceptional customer experience. Everyone working at Cairns Airport has an important role to play in our Airport Community and we all undertake ACE training to ensure customer service is integral to each and every one of our roles.
Another Cairns Airport customer service initiative is our Airport Ambassador Program. This friendly group of volunteers welcome and assist people with wayfinding, airport information, transport options and destination information. You can find out more about the Airport Ambassador’s Program and how to become an ambassador here.
In recent years Cairns Airport has been awarded:
- ACI Airport Health Accreditation
- Commercial Award – Major Airport, Australia Airports Association National Airport Industry Awards
- Major Airport of the Year, Australian Airports Association National Airport Industry Awards.
- Tropical North Queensland Tourism Awards for Specialised Tourism Services
- Tropical North Queensland Tourism Awards for Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer or Group of Volunteers
- Queensland Master Builders Association Construction Award for Best Tourism & Hospitality Facility over $4M (awarded to construction contractor Hansen Yuncken)