What is Park Charge?
- ParkCharge is an online self-management software which Taxi Drivers will use to sign up to gain access to the Cairns Airport Loading Zones.
- You will apply for and be issued an access card. This access card will need to be put in the windscreen of your vehicle, so the boom gate reader can open the boom gate into the loading zones.
Why do I need to sign up?
- So we can issue you an access tag. You will then self-manage your account.
- This will allow you to operate on Cairns Airport and gain access to the Cairns Airport Loading Zones.
Can I pick up and drop off without signing up to ParkCharge?
- You will not be able to enter the loading zones without an access card to raise the boom gate.
Can I pick up and drop off somewhere other than the Loading Zones?
- Pick-ups and drop offs are only allowed in designated areas. Individuals found to be using non-designated areas for any reason will be referred to Cairns Taxis and also dealt with under the authority of the Airport Notices/AARDA
What do I need to sign up?
- A credit card or visa/MasterCard powered debit card, an e-mail address, and a Mobile phone if you want to receive SMS on your account balances. Fees apply for SMS.
- You will need access to the Internet (this can be done on a mobile device)
What if I don’t have a credit card?
- A credit card is required to set up a ParkCharge account.
What do you need my credit card for and are my card details secure?
- A credit card is required to set up a ParkCharge account.
- This credit card is linked to your ParkCharge account and will only be charged once your account has been approved. Your credit card will be debited the minimum auto top up fee of $20.00. This fee will be transferred to your access account ready for you to use from the Go Live date on Wednesday 16 October 2019.
- Your credit card information is covered by the systems security controls, which are PCI DSS Level 1 compliant, which is the industry’s highest level of certification.
- Cairns Airport does not have access to your credit card information.
Account Top Up Options?
- Once your account is set up you can choose to allow your credit card to be deducted for the top up fees or you can top up with cash at the Car Park Service Kiosk (located in the Domestic (T2) Covered Carpark) Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm. Please note the cash top up incurs an admin fee of $4.50 per load regardless of quantum.
How do I sign up?
- Just follow this link https://www.cairnsairport.com.au/taxis
- Click on the link “Click Here for ParkCharge” which will take you to the ParkCharge log in
- For Instructions on how to complete the sign up process there is a User Guide located on https://www.cairnsairport.com.au/taxis then click on the “User Guide”.
- Copies of the User Guide, Terms and Conditions and FAQ’s will be available at the Cairns Taxis Office and in the Cairns Airport Taxi Amenities Building.
What if I don’t have an email?
- There are many e-mail service providers available and the sign up process is very simple. We can help sign you up for an e-mail account, but for ongoing support you will need to contact your service provider.
- Some examples of these are:
- www.gmail.com Click create an account
- www.yahoo.com.au Click mail then sign up
Are you running sign up and information sessions?
- We will be on site at Cairns Taxis Office – 16 Comport Street, Portsmith at the following times to assist with the sign up process and answer any questions you might have regarding the new system:
- Tuesday 10 September 2019 6.00am – 9.00am
- Wednesday 11 September 2019 6.00am – 9.00am
- Monday 16 September 2019 6.00am – 9.00am
- Monday 16 September 2019 12.00pm – 3.00pm
- Tuesday 17 September 2019 12.00pm – 3.00pm
- Wednesday 18 September 2019 12.00pm – 3.00pm
Who do I speak to if I have a problem with my park charge access card?
- If you are having a problem with your access card at a loading zone boom gate, you can press the intercom help button and one of the Car Park Service Kiosk staff will assist you.
- You can email your query to the Car Park Service Kiosk staff at email@example.com
- Or park at the taxi holding area and you can come and see the staff in the Car Park Service Kiosk (located in the Domestic (T2) Covered Carpark).
Who do I speak to if I have a problem with my park charge account?
- Cairns Taxis
- Login to your account and check your balance and access status
- Email the Car Park Service Kiosk staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can come and see the staff in the Car Park Service Kiosk (located in the Domestic (T2) Covered Carpark).
What happens if my credit card has no funds?
- You can log into your account and do a top-up with an alternate Credit Card
- Or you can top up with cash at the Car Park Service Kiosk (located in the Domestic (T2) Covered Carpark). Please note the cash top up incurs an admin fee of $4.50 per load regardless of quantum.
What happens if my card is damaged or if I lose my Access Card?
- You can get a new access card from the staff in the Car Park Service Kiosk (located in the Domestic (T2) Covered Carpark). Please note there is a fee of $30.00 unless CAPL says otherwise for a new access card that has been damaged or lost.
- The balance that was on your damaged or lost access card will be transferred to your new access card.
What happens if I forget my Access Card?
- If you forget your access card the Car Park Service Kiosk will allow a one off access and manually deduct the access fee from your ParkCharge account.
What happens if I deliberately avoid or don’t ensure my account has money on it to enter the Ground Transport areas?
- A fee will be charged for the pick up or drop off anyway
- Your access to the Cairns Airport Loading Zones maybe stopped or limited
- The matter will be reported to Cairns Taxis for further action in line with their complaints procedure.
Is there a Pick Up and Drop Off Fee?
- Yes, this is added to the meter.
- From 16 October 2019 the Pick Up and Drop Off fees are as follows:
- Domestic (T2) Arrivals $2.30 excluding GST ($2.50 GST inclusive) per pick up
- Domestic (T2) Departures $2.30 excluding GST ($2.50 GST inclusive) per drop off
- International (T1) Arrivals $4.60 excluding GST ($5.00 GST inclusive) per pick up